Sunday, December 20, 2009

Notebook, blog, notebook, blog

Its my intention to use the blog form to create a notebook that fulfills the requirements of the Marylhurst class PMT 576A, Eastern and Native American Rituals.

The blog format will be perfect for this assignment. We were given the option of doing a notebook or a paper on a Eastern Wisdom Tradition. Marylhurst classes almost always require a paper so I opted for the notebook format and the topic of Confucianism.

Of course there are differences between a notebook and a blog. A Notebook is an artifact, and should be beautiful and hand-made. I envision it in a calligraphic hand with occasional cross-outs that emphasis the care of the student. Everything in such a notebook is imbued with meaning; Each picture would be a sketch, done in pencil by the student.

The beautiful, careful artifact isn't my style. However blogs can be beautiful too. A blog that demonstrates my knowledge of Confucianism will also contain personal insights into how the study of Confucianism affects me as a religious person.

A blog invites insights.

Continue and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment